A. SOME APPROACHES AND PREVIOUS PARAMETERS
1. MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT
cargo and passengers transport are carried out in a marine, fluvial, by
lake, terrestrial, rail and air net of routes, in which there traffic of
ships, airships, trucks, buses and railroads; that for their diversity
of routes and forms of transport it is denominated “multimodal
2. CORRIDOR BI-OCEANIC OF MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTS
It is a marine, fluvial, by lake, terrestrial, rail and air
net of routes that they are complemented in the logistics of the cargo
and/or passengers transport between two oceans through a continent; that
in our case is among the Pacific and Atlantic oceans in South American
The corridors of
transport in a unique way or in multimodal form generate development in
the geo-space bordering to them, constituting “axes of integral or
3. MULTIMODAL MEGA TERMINAL
the departure and arrival place of vehicles of multimodal transport
(maritime, terrestrial and air) of maximum capacity of cargo and/or
passengers, likewise of smaller diverse capacity, implemented of the
services that optimize the logistics of the transport.
HUB PORT OR MEGA PORT
is the arrival and departure place of ships of maximum capacity of
diverse cargo and/or passengers transport (Ultra Large Container Ship
ULCS, Super Post Pamamax Ship SPPS, Super Cruiser Ship SCS), likewise
ships of diverse capacity smaller than support to their concentration
and distribution, implemented of the mega services, for super and
smaller ships, that optimize the logistics of the maritime transport.
Great Port, is the Hub or Mega Port of more capacity in connection with
a group of mega ports of an area, country, region or continent.
B.MEGA PORTS OF THE WORLD
millons TM /year
153 ships at the same time
millons of TEU
16 M. of depth average
The port area is 26.8 Km2 = 1/5 of Callao = 4/5 San Lorenzo Island + TTMM*
Lorenzo Island and their Terminal of Multimodal Transport to build
=16.6 + 14.63 = 31.23 Km2
AMERICA NEEDS HUB PORTS?
+ Bolivia + Brasil +
Chile + Colombia + Ecuador + México + Paraguay + Perú + Uruguay +
Venezuela + Rest
of Latin America and Caribbean countries.
Projected to 2004 More than 1,000 millions TM/year
More than 30 millions TEU/year
LATIN AMERICA DOESN'T HAVE NONE HUB PORT
Latin American needs Hub
Ports, so much in the Pacific and Atlantic oceanic basin, to serve the
Ultra Large Container Ships ULCS, Super Post Pamamax Ship SPPS, Super
Cruiser Ship SCS, of great tonnage (bigger to 300,000 TM), of great
length (bigger to 300 meters), of great width (bigger to 50 meters) and
great draft (bigger to 20 meters) in order to:
To transport their big
tonnages and volumes of cargo of their international trade of import and
export under conditions but competitive, for:
To reduce costs of the intercontinental maritime transport, and the Latin
American inter - transport, and to reduce operational, logistical and
administrative port costs, with effects in the reduction of prices to
the final consumer, in the increment of the international trade and more
economic and social benefits for countries of both oceanic basins.
REQUIRIMENTS TO IMPLEMENT FOR
THE HUB PORTS IN LATIN AMERICA?
it optimizes their social-economic location in function of their biggest
gravitation or incidence in the social and economic focuses of Latin America in
interaction with the transport toward and from the markets of the world.
it optimizes their central geo-strategic location equidistant of the nations and
ports of Latin America, in interaction with the transport toward and from the
economic focuses and markets of Pacific and Atlantic basins and rest of oceans
of the world.
it optimizes their geopolitical projection to the service of the physical and
economic integration of Latin America, the multimodal transport globalization
and mundialization of working integral or multisectorial of Latin America, in
social-economic interaction with the nations of the world.
it optimizes geo-spaces, depth, times, movements and security in their
architectural design, of engineering and marine shipping projected to the
service of the multimodal transport, with priority of the maritime transport
(90% of total cargo is transported by ships), to serve the Ultra Large Container
Ship ULCS, Super Post Pamamax Ship SPPS, Super Cruiser Ship SCS, of great
tonnage (bigger to 300,000 TM, of great length (bigger to 300 meters), of great
width (bigger to 50 meters) and great draft (bigger to 20 meters) and also ships
of smaller capacity in interaction with the other modalities of fluvial,
lacustrine, terrestrial and air transport.
optimizes their projection to the long term no smaller than one century and to
the service of oceanic ships, inter-oceanic, inter-continental, continental and
coastal traffic in function of the diverse nature of cargo, the necessary
interconnection with the bi-oceanics corridors in current financing and
execution, to their effective complementation with multimodal transport in
management of more competitiveness.
E. WHAT PLACE IT OPTIMIZES THIS REQUIREMENTS TO CONSTRUCT HUB PORTS IN LATIN AMERICA?
PERU has the best geo-strategic situation:
In the Pacific and Indian ocean basins, linked to the Atlantic oceanic basin, through the bi-oceanics corridors in execution, in the western center of South America and Latin America, in the center of fluvial basins of the Amazons, Orinoco, Titicaca and of the Plata, that will optimize the maritime, fluvial and lacustrine multimodal transport, terrestrial, railroad and air and the competitive international trade.
The departure and arrival
maritime routes, to the Hub Ports and other ports of Peru articulated
with the Bi-oceanics Corridors in execution, will be more competitive
and short than the actual departure and arrival maritime routes by the
ports of Atlantic toward ports of Pacific and Indic for the Panama
Channel or Magellan's Strait, and vice versa.
The Lloyd's Register Of Shipping (world leader Organization in classification, control and security of ships since 1,760) informs that the Ultra Large Container Ship ULCS, Super Post Pamamax Ship SPPS, Super Cruiser Ship SCS, of great tonnage will be the ships of the immediate future
Only an Integrated System of Hub Ports, of Ships ULCS, SPPS and SCS, of Mega Terminals, and greats and minors terminals of Multimodal Transport (Maritime, fluvial, lacustrine, terrestrial, railroad and airway) will reduce operative, logistical, administrative costs and will make more competitive the freight of the future immediate. Peru is in its social-economic and geopolitical historical opportunity, of being projected in the integration, globalization and mundialization of its national work by means of this system.
PERU, WHAT PLACES HAVE GOOD CONDITIONS TO BUILD HUB PORTS?
Located in the Region
Piura, to the north of Peru, has a depth superior to 45 meters, big area
for ships maneuver, sea calms and tropical climate, without hurricanes.
Located in the Region Callao, to the center of the Peru, has a depth
superior to 45 meters, big spaces for ships maneuver, sea calms and
benign climate, without hurricanes.
in the Region Ica, to the south of the Peru, has a depth superior to 40
meters, big spaces for ships maneuver, sea calms and benign climate,
Located in the Region Moquegua, to the south of the Peru, has a depth superior to the 50 meters, big space for ship maneuver, sea calms and benign climate, without hurricanes.
All these potential Hub Ports are located in the heads of the Bi-oceanics Corridors and social – economic axes Pacific–Atlantic, Peru–Brazil and Peru–Bolivia–Brazil-Paraguay-Argentina-Uruguay; they are located to the north, center and south of the Peru, with big geo-spaces to be enabled as mega multimodals terminal: maritime port, airport and terrestrial port, with the due operational and administrative logistical implementation of the transport.
G. WHAT HUB PORT IS OF FIRST PRIORITY FOR PERU?
THE HUB MAYOR PORT OF SAN LORENZO ISLAND - CALLAO - PERU
The construction of the "Hub Mayor Port San Lorenzo Island - Callao" will be the solution more immediate, more effective, more economic and more profitable to the serious limitations of the Callao Port; and at the same time, mayor geopolitical projection in the integration, globalization and mundializatión of the Peru and of Latin America:
THE CALLAO PORT AND THEIR UNBEATABLE LIMITATIONS
Capacity not bigger than 12 millions of TM/year Unbeatable limitations for their expansion to be surrounded of urban constructions.
Impossibility of growth to assist to ships bigger than 40 thousand TM and operating with more than 1 million of TEU/year, with a foreseen investment bigger to US $500 million. Impossibility of serving to ships ULCS, SPPS, SCS for their reduced space and little depth not bigger than 11 meters, that make inconvenient all future investment or its profit /cost. Its foreseen amplification to 1 million of TEU will reduce the maneuver spaces in deteriorate of the security of the ships inside the bay of the port.
HUB MAYOR PORT OF SAN LORENZO ISLAND AND THEIR GREAT POTENTIAL
8 Km x 2.2 Km = 17.6Km2 Mega Multimodal Terminal = 14.6 Km2 area.
Height máxima=396 meters. Profundidad Promedio del Mega Puerto=45 metros
Conformation: Rocky Distance to La Punta-Callao = 3.8 Km.
Potential Capacity = 120 millions TM/year =7 millions TEU/año = 10% TM of Latin America projected cargo to 2,012
THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE HUB PORT WILL BE BANKABLE WITH THE SINGLE SALE OF THE LANDS THAT ARE WON TO THE SEA.
THE "HUB MAYOR PORT OF SAN LORENZO ISLAND - CALLAO" WILL FACILITATE:
A "head social - economic" for the Bi - Oceánico Corridor Pacific-Atlantic, Peru-Brazil that will leave of the Center of the Peru, of America of the South and of Latin America. A "Terminal of Multimodal Transport ": port, earth port and airport, and social - economic axes of development in route San Lorenzo-Callao-Lima-Pucallpa-Iquitos-Manaos-Belem and Pucallpa Salvador.
To execute macro projects erradicadores of poverty and working dinamizadores in it offers of diversified development, decentralized and sustained. .
H. GEO-STRATEGIC, JURIDICAL, ECONOMIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANTAGES FOR THE CONTRUCCIÓN OF THE HUB MAYOR PORT OF SAN LORENZO ISLAND.
It has a authorization by Resolution Supreme Nº 062-99-PE of the Presidency of the Republic of the Peru that surrenders in concession from the State to the private sector the project '' San Lorenzo Island-Callao '', that it names President of the Special Commission of the Promotion of the International Private investment, to who subscribes the proposed present, Mr. Lizandro Paredes Infante.
It has the Geo-Strategic Master Plan selected by the ONU-IDB-UNDP among 4 proposals that understands the "Hub Mayor Port San Lorenzo" inside the Mega Multimodal Terminal of the Bi-Oceanic Pacific - Atlantic Corridor - axis that will optimize the use of the available technology, their social-economic yield and their geopolitical projection, in function of the following advantages:
1. privileged geo-strategic position of the Peru and of the San Lorenzo Island, in the center of America of the South, of Latin America and of the referred fluvial Basins. Inserted in the oceanic basins of the Pacific, Indic and Atlantic through the bi-oceanic corridors in current execution.
2. evident feasibility of reduction of costs of the multimodal transport, shortening distances, times and reduce freights in 35% and 27% regarding the routes for Magellan and for Panama, respectively, of great economic projection.
Promoter Place Financing Effect social Profitability-utilities
CODESU SAC Callao-Lima $ 12 thousand millions 2 millions of Families Human, social 2 million Families, economic and geopolitics
Prompt recovery of the capital + interest with the single sale of lands that won to the sea and bordering to the route of the Corridor + revenues for the services to implement and to give.
The transport multimodal and the bi-oceanic corridor referred will be the main dynamic of the integral development, and especially the development of the international and national tourism, what will facilitate to capture a quantity annual superior to the 10 million tourists year and at the same time, development of spas with international quality, following:
La Chira La Herradura Club Regatas Pescador Agua Dulce Las Sombrillas
Los Yuyos Barranco Barranquito Las Cascadas Las Piedritas La Estrella
Redonda Costa Verde Makah La Pampilla Los Delfines Mar Bella
Mar Brava Carpayo Arenilla Malecón Cantolao Chucuito
Fertisa Taboada Oquendo Marqués Ventanilla Venecia *
Conchan * Lurín * * Balnearios que se beneficiarían por cercanía a las nuevas vías
I. FINANCING/ INVESTMENT, FORESEEN PROFITABILITY;
CONDITION AND CONTRACTUAL MODALITIES
a. FORESEEN FINANCIAL RESOURCES:
Annual interest Libor 3.0% Mounts dear to invest US$ 12,000 Millones
Flat Fee x 7 years 0.3% Annual Program Payments US$ 2,000 Millones
Execution term 7 years starting from 3th. year of inauguration infrastructure works will begin
b. RECOVERY OF THE INVESTMENT:
1.Sale of lands that are enabled. - 10'000,000 M2 x $350/M2 =$ 3,500'000,000
2.Sale of lands of the marine terminal. - 13'376,600 M2 x $450/M2 =$ 6,019'470,000
3." Port Services " =44.0Millns TM x 350 $/ TM x 6% x 5years =$ 4,620´000,000
4.Pay by transit = 1'000,000 vehicles x $1/día x 360 days x 3 ears =$ 1,080´000,000
5.Por tourism. - 5´000,000 tourists x $1,000 c/u x 0.2x3 years =$ 3,000'000,000
6. Storage service 5,000x2,000x10fx5$/m2x3years $ = $ 1,500´000,000
Income to redeem financial cost = $ 19,719'470,000 x safety factor 0.8 = $ 15,775'576,000
Annual average income to redeem = Capital /10 = $ 1,577'557,600
1.5 Millns. of new workstations, 42 thousand Millions in taxes in 10 years, enlargeable to 15-20 years.
c. FINANCIAL COUNTABLE FLOW
Cost Financial Annual 3.3% of the Capital, Program Annual Payments of 2,000 millions and 3 years free, 1er. reimburse and successive starting from the 4to. year until ends of the year 10mo.
4th. year 2,000x3.3%+4,000'x3.3%+6,000'x3.3%+8,000'x3.3%+1/7 of 8,000' = $1,802'857,143
5th. year 10,000' x 3,3 + 1/7 of 10,000' = $1,758'571,429
6th. year 12,000' x 3.3 + 1/7 of 12,000' = $2,110'285,714
7th. Year 12,000' x 3.3 + 1/7 of 12,000' = $2,110'285,714
8th. Year 12,000' x 3.3 + 1/7 of 12,000' = $2,110'285,714
9th. Year 12,000' x 3.3 + 1/7 of 12,000' = $2,110'285,714
10th. Year 12,000' x 3.3 + 1/7 of 12,000' = $2,110'285,714
TOTAL = $14,112'857,140
d. INVESTMENT POST RECOVERY:
1."Port service"= 100 Millns TM x 350 $/TM x 6% x 10 years $ 21,000'000,000
2. Toll .- 2'000,000 vehicles average x $ 1/day x 360 days x 10 years $ 7,200'000,000
3. Tourism.-13'000,000 tourists average./year x $ 1,000 x 0.2x 10 years $ 26,000'000,000
4. Storage service 5000mx2000mx10fx5$/m2x10yearsxSafty. Fac. 0.8 $ 4,000'000,000
Income/annual average = 58,200'000,000 x safety factor 0.8 = $ 46,560'000,000Income/annual average = $ 46,560'000,000 /10 = $ 4,656,000,000
1.5 Millns. of new workstations, 42 thousand Millions in taxes in 10 years, enlargeable to 15-20 years.
FEASIBLE PROFITABILITY TO 10 YEARS = $14,112'857,140 / $12,000'000,000 = 1.12
FEASIBLE PROFITABILITY TO 20 YEARS = ($ 15,775'576,000 + 46,560'000,000 ) $62,335''576,000 / $14,112'857,140 = 4.42
|Contractual modality:||Concession||Financing||Others to concert|
J. PROJECTS OF THE "HUB MAYOR PORT OF SAN LORENZO
ISLAND - MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT TERMINAL" AND "CORRIDOR BI-OCEÁNIC SAN LORENZO-PUCALLPA."
1. Construction of the infrastructure and works of the Mega Port (Hub Port), Airport and earth port of the San Lorenzo Island, winning lands to the sea 14.6 Km2. = 14'600,000 M2 and their equipment. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 3,000 Millions / 3 years.
2. Construction of an dock of 3 Km. of long for 300 m of wide in "Punta La Chira-Lima that improves the behavior of the sea in the bays north and south of the Callao and Lima, paymaster for the development of tourist and recreation projects. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 180 Millions / 1 year.
3. To win lands to the sea not less than 10 million meters squares with the earth and rocks that are taken out of the underground freeways, among the "Punta Pancha" to "Punta La Chira" and San Lorenzo Island, paymasters for the development of tourist, recreation and commercial projects. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 580 Millions / 5 years.
4. Construction of a system of freeways, tunnels, parking areas and other services to the transportation park in the San Lorenzo and Fronton Islands, and in the lands that are won to the Sea among the "Punta Pancha" and "Punta La Chira", 250 Km. of longitude. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 950 Millions / 3 years.
5. Construction of the systems of tunnels, bridges, freeways and trans-continental railway of high-speed and capacity, implemented of the services to the passengers, to the cargo and to the rolling vehicles, starting from the bi-oceanic heads from the San Lorenzo Island toward the fluvial port of Pucallpa, 600 Km. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 2,400 Millions / 5 years.
6. Construction of the pipelines to gas, oil and aqueducts trans-andino taking advantage of the tunnels and bridges trans andino of the freeways and transcontinental railway, 600 Km. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 1,500 Millions / 6 years.
7. Construction of a system of water, drainage, treatment of served waters and watering pressurized in the urban heads of the Corridor Bioceánico and in the cities near to the corridor. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 560 Millions / 4 years
8. Construction of a energy systems, illumination, communications in the urban heads and populations in route of this Corridor Bioceánico. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 560 Millions/4 years.
9. Construction of a systems of prevention, decontamination and maintenance of the environment and of the sea ecosystems, of rivers, lakes and riversides bordering to the Corridor Bi Oceanic. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 590 Millions/ 6 years.
10. Construction of a river transportation systems: channels, buoys in the rivers of the Amazon near to the Corridors Bi Oceanic San Lorenzo to Pucallpa. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 420 Millions/ 3 years.
11. Construction and implementation of several Complex Tourist of Beach, Costa, Sierra and Amazon bordering to the Corridor Central Bi-Oceánico, of international quality. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 920 Millions / 6 years.
12. Implementation of a decentralized system of training of the personnel for their operational, logistical and administrative activities, for the application of the pertinent technologies to the works, to execute and, for the operation, maintenance and pertinent services to the machinery, equipment and other means to use. Estimated Cost and Time = USA $ 340 Millions/ 2 years, and then permanently.
TOTAL US$ 12,000'000,000 / 7 years
K. CONCLUSION AND PROPOSAL
THE NECESSARY CONSTRUCTION OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE "HUB MAYOR PORT OF SAN LORENZO ISALAND", THE "TERMINAL MEGA OF MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT" IN CALLAO-PERU AND OF THE ROUTE OF THE " BI OCEANIC CORRIDOR SAN LORENZO-PUCALLPA", AND THEIR OPERATIONAL, LOGISTIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE, OF TECHNOLOGY, MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT IMPLEMENTATION,
IS THE BEST PROPOSAL OF CONCESSION, FINANCING AND/OR INVESTMENT IN OFFER TO THE INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE SECTOR, FOR THEIR SURE FEASIBILITY, THEIR GOOD PROFITABILITY AND THEIR EVIDENT SOCIAÑ-ECONOMIC AND GEOPOLITICS PROJECTION IN THE INTEGRATION, GLOBALIZATION AND MUNDIALIZACION REFERRED;
WE PUT TO CONSIDERATION OF THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL ENTITIES THEIR FEASIBILITY OF INVESTMENT, THEIR CONVENIENT PROFITABILITY AND THEIR SURE RECOVERY OF THE CAPITAL + INTEREST + FAVORABLE UTILITY TO THE PARTS, FOR THEIR EVIDENT EFFECT IN THE REDUCTION OF DISTANCES, TIMES AND COSTS OF THE MULTIMODAL TRANSPORT, WITH INCIDENCE IN THE BIGGEST COMPETITIVENESS IN THE INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF EXPORT AND IMPORT.
Lizandro Paredes Infante
Navy Captain ( r )
CORPORACION MEGAMAR SAC
Marcos Bravo Velarde
Navy Captain ( r )